The above picture is an un-named “salad.” The last portion of the post will be the recipe.
It has cucumbers, avocados, cherry tomatoes, onions, cilantro, minced garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
I have been wanting to eat healthier and such for a while so I finally went out and bought vegetables and fruits and blah blah…so I picked up an avocado in the store, because my friend loves them and says they are amazing. I figured why not. So I bought it. I got home and realized, I had never actually had an avocado before…(besides guacamolie)..which meant I didn’t know how it tasted. What do I do? Not google it lol. Instead I contact my friends mother, asking how best to eat an avocado. She sends me the above recipe and today (2 days later) I finally try it. AND IT WAS AMAZING. I have dabbled in cooking so I knew what all my other ingredients tasted like so I adjusted the amounts of things to make sure everything came together nicely.
It turned out awesome. Even my mother in law, who hates raw onions, loved it. She didn’t even pick out the onions. 🙂 We also brain stormed and figured if one doesn’t like it as is, you can simply eat it with tortilla strips, or make it into a sandwich, or put it on little biscotti pieces. Heads up, I tamed down the cilantro quite a bit and it was still slightly overpowering.
- 4 cups avocados, diced medium
- 2 cups grape (or cherry) tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled and diced medium
- 1 cup red onion, diced small
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt (as needed)
- black pepper (as needed)
Toss all ingredients in a bowl, or on a bed of lettuce.
- avocado bacon salad, beef tenderloin & fennel salad (birthdaydinners.wordpress.com)
- Avocado and Tomato Salad (aimlessamy.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Diaries – The Perfect Bite (oneikasyogalife.com)
- Summertime Quinoa Salad (cookfreshordie.wordpress.com)
- Raw Cucumber Pasta (janiceadore.com)